Trade for Services | Phoenix Maternity, Birth, and Newborn Photographer
As a Phoenix Maternity, Birth, and Newborn Photographer, I often receive questions about if I barter for services. My short answer is yes! I absolutely love that my job as a photographer allows me to offer this! My Phoenix maternity, birth, and newborn photographer services are priced starting at $250 for maternity sessions, my birth stories start at $1000, and newborn sessions start at $250.
Many individuals know the birth photography price should be comparable to a wedding photographer’s price and I want to share a bit more about why. You can skip my soap box and scroll down to the list if you already understand that value.
Birth is completely unpredictable. It’s not like a wedding where I write your date on the calendar and just know that day is blocked off. Anytime I leave the house, I think of each of my clients. My camera has to be packed up, charged batteries, and ready-to-go memory cards every time I leave the house. I also need a backup plan for my kids because at any time I could get “the call.” I always check my phone to make sure I’m in a location where clients can truly reach me!
Most importantly, birth photographers spend up to 5 weeks on call for each client, which comes with changing my lifestyle also. I’ve missed birthday parties, rescheduled dinner events, and canceled family holidays all because I’m on call. That’s the on call life though, it’s what I sign up for each birth.
That’s my soapbox, and I’m getting down. Here is my list of things that I’m totally open to trade for. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out.
In no particular order, here are some things that I’d love to trade for, I am open to other suggestions also!
- Licensed Contractor. If you do wood work, and can remodel my staircase (remove carpet and install wood boards), we also want to remodel our master bath, aaaand build a built-in seating in my dining room – then I need to barter with you, I need you in my life!
- House cleaning – a regular basis is bonus points. All the photos for all the cleaning, always!
- Vacation anything, time in a vacation house, or Airbnb, whatever!
- Carpet cleaning – because kids…
- Landscaping – I’m definitely not doing it.
- Barn wood, just the raw boards!
- Spa Days, lol
- Tummy tuck, jk lol… kinda
- What else?