(THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT FOR YOUR NEWBORN SESSION):
- Try to keep baby awake 1 hour prior to the session; give them a bath, play with them, interact with them (the goal is to get them exhausted before they fall asleep so they’re even more sleepy when you get to me.
- Feed baby right before you leave for the session.
If your drive is more than 30 minutes, don’t feed baby before you leave, plan to feed baby right when you arrive instead. If you have to feed baby when you arrive, please come early and feed baby while you’re waiting for your session time to start. If baby is fed by the time your session is scheduled to start, we will have much more shooting time than if you arrive at your scheduled time and still have to feed baby.
- Keep baby only in a diaper (no clothing), cover with a blanket to protect from car seat straps.
- Be prepared to feed during the session; or bring a pumped/formula bottle to feed. It’s a lot of work for them!
- Bring the hospital pacifier with you; please don’t bring one with an animal/strap attached. Even if you’re breast feeding, it really helps to have a pacifier available to assist in posing. Usually the minimal time it’s used throughout the session won’t cause issues with nipple confusion.
- Please bring gas drops with you; these are extremely helpful if baby has an upset tummy.
Boys: Jeans + t-shirt/solid colored shirt